Quote:
AUM said:

It does not take a professional race driver to benefit from manual LSD on a track like the NBR. Average track enthusiasts will certainly post faster laps with manual LSD than with Tip.

I drive at the Ring every week (where nothing has overtaken my car for the last 30 laps) and it is traction and stability that are paramount, not gear changes.

Quote:
Erik said:
The 997 Turbo manual with LSD also has a unique PSM setup. One characteristic is a DECREASE in the use of ABD to brake the rear wheels which results in a more efficient use of power and a more enjoyable driving experience.

Although I agree with both of your sentiments, I tend to agree somewhat with RC on this point. I was just up watching a documentary on RUF which showcased a professional driver on the Nordeschlife in the CTR "Yellowbird" (a very popular video on the internet) as well as a modern rendition of the same event in the RTurbo. In high def DVD, the images are startling, when one tries to really grasp what it is like to drive on the Nurburgring...

I've never driven on the Nordeschlife, so I clearly have much less agency than you do on the matter AUM, as you purport, but just based upon my observation/what I read (and what I've seen): control of your car on a heavily uneven pavment structure is paramount.

For those who would be unfamiliar on a circuit like this (which completely contrasts a smooth circuit such as Hockenheim or Monza, where finding the proper line can be as simple as prepping with a map and doing a few practice laps), control of the car via two hands would be, in my humble opinion, a great aide.

For this reason, I tend to agree with RC on his tip 99% quotient if sheer performance is what you're going for (as stated through the grounds of this basic argument).