Porker:
bluelines:

Only two? yesindecision

His sight is not 'doing something'. Smiley

RC, you're saying you lost friends because you drove so incredibly well on a trackday? Smiley

I got too competitive... If you are fast, they admire you. When you are faster than the instructor, this becomes a problem. Then, you don't get "invited" anymore because people want fun, no competition. I realized that way too late but I found new friends I enjoy my time with. Probably because some of them are faster than me. I don't care because I can learn from them, also one is a well known pro (think F1...), so no competition here. There is always someone faster but I enjoy much more being in a group with similar or better skills because there are no ego issues. At all. 

I do not know your driving skills or the skills of others here (with a few exceptions) but I think I am pretty fast for an amateur, I usually just need a round or two to adapt. Of course I was a pro for a couple of years and like riding a bike, you never forget these skills. Actually, I think I am faster now because I am driving more rational than when I was young. 

My track days are very limited though lately (maybe twice a year if I'm lucky) but I compensate by doing some very curvy and deserted country roads which are often more tricky than tracks because they are often not clean or pretty bumpy. In Bavaria we have many small roads with a 100 kph limit but you can consider yourself lucky if you can do close to 100 kph on these roads. Great training and a lot of fun, especially with friends. There are also some very nice mountain roads in Austria and Italy but this usually requires a "lookout" driving ahead of the group to make sure there are no dangers ahead. 

Sometimes I get the chance to drive on an old airport track but since this track is often occupied by driver ed events, I usually get only an hour or two for myself. This is enough though to experience the limits of the car/tires and I have to admit I enjoy it a lot when it is raining. Did some crazy stuff there because it is pretty "open" and you can really do crazy stuff and experience the limit without having to be worried to crash the car or at least damage it (rims, etc.). 

So maybe you are faster, maybe I am but I have to admit that I found it pretty amusing when you posted that stuff regarding me meeting with you guys on the track. So if you loose, what then? Do I get a Big Kahuna medal or what? 😂 Ah, you want me to loose...I get it. 😉 

Grow up, dude... 😎

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)