Interesting, do you have more data about the Hockenheim test? Scans? The press cars I have seen have been with "M spec" Cup tires, "M0" markings on the tires. Are they the special tires or the normal tires? Which tires the customers get, according to catalogue only one option? Can you go and buy the better ones from a dealer or tire shop?

I am thinking have the different tires something to do with some random silly new regulations? Smiley

For example, perhaps car companies cannot sell a car with too aggressive tires due to silly regulations of wet performance, drive noise, or rolling resistance? That's why they couple years ago stopped producing original Michelin Cup tires, and started doing Cup2 with improved wet performance, but less dry performance. And could that be the case that bit similarly to this GT R you cannot order (at least yet) Huracan Performante with the sticky Trofeo R tires like the record car had, but only with Corsa tires? I guess you can buy the Trofeo R's from your tire dealer for the Lambo...How it is with Mercedes tires?

Another silly thing I'm spotting increasingly is the different fuel tanks, why so many new cars have bigger fuel tank as a low cost option? Once again GT R has the option of 10L larger fuel tank for small money. Wouldn't it be more profitable for the company to design and source only one fuel tank and not options of say 65L and a 75L volume tank? Is this once again something to do with silly regulations thanks to EU or whatever that only x y z amount of emissions is allowed with a single tank, and the bigger fuel tank is not counted as it's an option... Smiley  Just a random guess Smiley

--

996 Turbo / +150hp & -150kg, 7:15 Nürburgring BTG so far...

Granturismo S MC-Shift / Daily driver with THE sound