Carlos from Spain:
nberry:

I understand the .2GT3 front lip is a half inch higher than the .1. Also, if the front bumper is too low then the car has a design problem for public use. Porsche would have had to make the lifter part of the car like a steering wheel. To my knowledge, I don't know of anyone damaging the front bumper to the point it had to be replaced.

That not to say I will not order it. But facts are facts. 

Nick, you are buying a GT3 not a Carrera or Turbo, there are many compromises for public use compared to those other versions and front clearance is one of them in favor of better performance at the track, its like saying that the Cup tires it comes with should be OK for the northern winters otherwise the car has a design problem for public use. Also Porsche has a record of offering as optional many things that should be standard and everybody has to order.

But I do recognize that it is all very relative to were you drive, I know public places here that you will damage that lip without a lift for sure, and you could avoid going there but sometimes you may be in a situation were you can't like the examples of roadworks other members have had. Still in some areas for certain type of use you may never encounter a problem. But personally I wouldn't understand running that risk or hassles when there is a lift available, a simple $2.5k solution which by the way is available as an option for a reason, and only in the GT3 for a reason.

Also as Grant pointed out, you have to look not only at the actual height of the lip of the MkII but also how forward it is as that has a big impact on the actual clearance in everyday use.

SmileySmileySmiley

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991 GT3 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T