nberry:
Carlos from Spain:

I personally would have no doubts, just the piece of mind of having it were ever you go, all it takes is a ramp to an underground parking of a mall or whatever in the city and you are destroying the lip or worse, and its not like you will even be able to tell its there when you are driving, I'm sure if we are given two GT3's, one with the lift and one without, nobody will be able to tell which is which solely by driving it.

When I was ordering my my GT3 I debated ordering the lifter. My sales person took me out to the service center and showed my two GT3"s side by side for servicing. He said, one had a lifter and the other did not. Could I tell which one had the lifter and I could not. He proved his point and I did not order it. Damage about the same for both.

But more importantly it only cost around $250 to replace the front lip. The lifter at that time was $3200 and now $2500.

its a good point about the price to replace the lip vs the cost of the lifter but I know normal city parkings here where you would damage more than the lip on a GT3, but more importantly I would check then if the new GT3 has a removable lip because in my GTS with the sportdesign front bumper, the lip is physically part of the bumper, you cannot change the lip as its the continuation of the bumper not an independant piece.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS