Quote:
W8MM said:
Quote:
trip said:Now if you could show me some proof supporting your claim that tip is more involving maybe we could have an intelligent discussion.

Well, I've tried to have intelligent discussions with 6-speed demagogues and have given up trying.

I am always intrigued by new automotive technology, especially when invented by some of the world's best performance car engineers.

I am even more interested in ways to overcome the "fun killer" effects of the cramped foot well that makes a modern 6-speed Porsche so frustrating to heel-and-toe if not available with "console delete" or the generous wheel base of the Carrera GT (Neither Teo Fabi nor the entire Andretti family would ever notice).

I think it will be great fun to see whose predictions and/or observations about the new net-centric Tiptronic are closest to the mark when I get a chance to drive a 997TT so equipped.

I'm perfectly happy to wait a while to develop accurate, comprehensive information before I purchase either a Tip or 6-speed.

It seems like all this angst over the Tip vs. 6-speed is caused by desperately wanting to be correct in ones choices before any facts are widely known. What a pity.

I won't go into convulsions if I'm not the absolute first to have the fastest, most fun 997TT in my neighborhood

The best combination would be a Turbo with PDK and a manual GT3, at least for us normal-sized guys. You, on the other hand, could probably do with both cars equipped with PDK .
The biggest gripe I have with the Tip is the lack of an extra gear. Not really important in the US, where most will rarely if at all drive at over 100 mph, but more important in Europe. I hope all the Tip guys are satisfied with their purchases.