Quote:
polo said:
The 997 interior look so much better because the fit/finish and design look modern -- The 996 is ok but feels outdated IMO.

I prefer the 997 interior because I think it is more consistent with the last 40 some years of 911 interiors than the 996. It's dash and vents are just a modern version of the same interior present from the beginning ie 1963. The 996 was a styling departure from the previous interiors and radical styling changes were not well received by most of the purests. Not that the 996 wasn't beautiful. So back to the oval headlights and retro the interior...and hopefully calm the crowd that exclaimed..."where did our beloved aircooled porsches go???" ...or atleast thats what I felt until the 997 came along ......roundish lights and retro interior and all the performance of the 996...the general superiority of the 996 over the aircooled is not hard to defend. It's almost like the old saying "come on in the waters fine" , thanks to the 997 I think I am over all of that now...in three weeks my car should be dock side...she's getting closer and I think they got the interior just perfect.