Whoopsy:
MKSGR:
Whoopsy:
SciFrog:

Nick, at the rate you churn cars I would get a launch edition then move on to the next best thing... a convertible one

I am leaning towards that, I know the 720S will not be a keeper that's for sure. If I get one early enough I might drive it for a bit then swap to the 812, especially when he market is still hot for McLarens. The Ferrari seems much more attractive as a keeper. 

But these are completely different cars: light and efficient the 720 - a heavy pig with a huge front-engine the 812... Does not make much sense to replace one with the other, unless you just want to try all sorts of cars Smiley But with that logic you could also replace the 720s with a  Rolls Royce...

Among my cars, only the F12 is 'expendable', so to speak. Maybe even the 911R at some point in time. So realistically right now without extra storage something has to go. I really loved the Huracan Spyder dearly right now, so that unearned it's place to stay, hell I turned down a Performante yesterday. 

Maybe I will like the 720S a bit more and decide to order another one in my ideal spec after. But with McLaren's track record I really don't see a point in keeping a McLaren for a long period of time. Yes it is light and powerful and fast, but I can surely find the next Mclaren to be from the same genre, that's pretty much a given.

The 812 will replace the F12, why? Both are extremely comfortable and competent GT car that's also extremely fast. A jack of all trade so to speak. A 720S cannot possibly remotely touch that. Unless I lived on the track then the little extra weight really means nothing. And if I do I have a race car just for that purpose. 

And come on, who wouldn't take the fantastic Ferrari V12 sound over some non-descript twin turbo V8?

It's futile comparing a 720S to an 812 - completely different ethos behind their raison d'etre.