Quote:
RonnieC6Z said:
Quote:
sdy284 said:
Quote:
SciFrog said:
That's why I like the idea of a Z06, as it will push the other supercar manufacturers to be even better.

thats correct in theory, but the the other companies (Porsche, Ferrari, Aston, etc) don't view the Z as being in the same league as them, so they dont worry about it.

And when you think about it, any educated buyer who is looking for the most performance for his hard earned buck will choose the Z06. If raw, "on the edge" performance isn't as important as year round drivability as well as incredible all weather perfomance, then the 997TT will get the nod. The two cars are for 2 different types of buyers. Ferrari & Porsche know this and they are so concerned about thier own brand image & profits, that they could care less if Billy Joe Bob in his 'Vette is faster.

Nice remarks about "educated buyers" and "Billy Joe Bob". I could ask you what you are inferring, but I think it is obvious. First of all, how you put Porsche in the same catagory as Ferrari is beyond me. Secondly, maybe you think that the people at Porsche don't care about the performance of the Z06, well think again! Furthermore, those who care the most about what the Z can do vs the P-Car when it comes to performance are most folks on this forum!

The world isn't California. Porsches and Ferraris are comparable in Europe, by both price and prestige. I'm pretty sure Porsche is taking interest in the Corvette performance, but to think that they are worried would be wishful thinking. They have enough reserves in their engines to make 700 horsepower, anyway.