Quote:
JimFlat6 said:
Quote:
95jersey said:
So let's think about this without any emotion. And let's not go down the ricer mentality of HP per liter.

A motor is nothing more than an air pump. If you were CFO of a large company buying air pumps, and one was for sale that cost $30,000 and produced 500hp and the other cost $10,000 and produced the same HP...both came with the same or similar warranty, as well as life expectancies, and use the same amount of fuel. Which would you buy?

In the end, you wouldn't be talking about output per liter or effecient design? You would be laughing at the company that thought they could sell a $30k pump.

Also, the 427 is a small block, all aluminum motor with a plastic intake, all which weights the same as the C5Z06's 346 LS6 mostly becuase of it's use of exotic metals. Which in the end push a car lighter by almost 1000lbs. Who is more effecient?

Hate to burst your bubble but the 997TT is not 1000lbs heavier than a Z06.

As for the air pump technology analogy, you left out one key testing benchmark... that is how Quickly it will rev
to make the power?

I was comparing to say the BMW 5 liter....

The Z06 with titanium valve train parts I imagine will rev very closely to a DOHC motor...but here's the best part...it doesn't need to. It will make great power at low rpm's as well, unlike a DOHC. Talk about inefficient...you mean I have to wait until I hit a certain RPM to make power?