Quote:
nberry said:
The problem is CAR magazine is notorious for its pro-Porsche leanings. If I am not mistaken, they acknowledged it in one of their issues. I have learned not to read any Porsche articles because I save time knowing exactly what they have to say (read it is the greatest thing since sliced bread..that is until the next Porsche model comes along).

When it comes to Porsche, it is just biased reporting.

I know you like to say things like this and sit back and laugh when the Porsche guys wind each other up over your posts, but I have been a CAR subscriber for a few years now and can't say that I have found a special Porsche bias in the magazine.

The F430 got a better review in CAR than any Porsche in recent years. Yes they did crown the Carrera S their performance car of the year in 2004, but that might be because it wasn't up against a Ferrari

If anything they are rather Ferrari biased as well. I have several "All hail the Enzo" copies of CAR in my collection.
And like assman says, I won't be surprised if they hail the 599 as one of the greatest cars of all time.

But the july issue will be intresting since they test the top Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo model in the same issue.
So let's wait and see which car gets the most praise...