The farmer:
RC:

Regarding the PZero tires, things are getting even more interesting: Apparently early R8 V10 Plus delivered in 2015, were equipped from the factory with PZero with "L" classification (Lamborghini). mail Things really get interesting now. 

That should please you RC. One small part of your car is a Lamborghini and you are thereby one small step closer to a Huracane....SmileySmiley

Smiley Well, over 70% of my car is actually a Huracan, so... Smiley Smiley

I find out what is going on now: 

Very early R8 were delivered with PZero and L classification. Shortly after, the PZero R01 (Audi classification) was available. This happened in 2015. In 2016, Pirelli put the new PZero generation on the market, the same tire used for the 991.2 Turbo S facelift in N1 flavor.  Audi decided to use the new PZ4 PZero for the R8, so they started to equip all cars produced after March 2016 with the new PZ4 version of the PZero. Now I know why I always loved the PZero on my R8, it is an amazing tire. 

I never noticed the PZ4 marking on my tires until now, after I got more involved with this thing.

The older PZero R01 has a different compound mixture and tread profile.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)