Ok - I'm up to 2,000 km now, and I've been very good about varying the engine speeds in a variety of gears. I finally decided to enjoy a little high RPM fun last night. This car seems MUCH more powerful than my 996 Targa, and above 5,000 RPM is where it really shines. Nothing but laughs giggles 'n' grins. I honestly don't thank that I need any more torque to be happy (but I said that once before and wound up retracting my words . . . )

I'm not sure why, but I don't notice the Varioram "kicking in" at around 3200 RPM the way I did on the Targa.

It's nice having the oil temp gauge, and interestingly, the oil temp lags behind the coolant temp in reaching operating temp. I like to always be gentle on the engine before it reaches operating temp, and I used to rely on the coolant temp in the 996, but this is clearly more accurate.

So far, this car drinks more gas than the 996 Targa did, but presumably that has something to do with the break-in, and the larger displaccement as well (mostly).

There is a rattle that is road surface dependent and it seems to come from the center console or possibly the passenger seat. It sounds like there's a metal Rubik's cube bouncing around in the hand brake mechanism. Any ideas or similar experiences?

All in all, wonderful car. Arctic silver does SUCH a great job of showing off her lines and curves in all kinds of lighting. What a BABE!