Quote:
Crash said:
I believe everyone will be happy in the end: you with your Tip and the manual brigade with the 6-speed. Must be hell on Earth, knowing that you must wait another month or so for your car .

This isn't about who is happy with Tip or manual, this is about maximum performance. And those who ordered manual think that this is what they're getting, including all the fun. Funny enough, 90% of these people would probably order PDK if it would be available, a shifting system which would actually work the same way like the Tiptronic does (incl. manual and auto) but only with a better reaction time. This is actually what I don't understand. Tip? No. PDK? Yes. Of course you can't really compare both because the shifting reaction time of the PDK is much better but Tip and manual deliver practically the same shifting speed on the 997 Turbo. Another thing is that since I ordered Tiptronic, I suddenly find myself in the "yeah, Tiptronic, for women and old guys" situation. This can only mean one thing: people didn't understand that the Tip with sports chrono is different on the 997 Turbo. I really can't say more, I wish I could without putting myself in a delicate position. But those who know me personally know what kind of driver I am and that Tiptronic would definetely NOT be my type of choice for a sportscar. BUT...well, enough said.
To each his own I guess, we're probably running this forum because we don't know what we're talking about.