Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
AUM said:
I want a 997 GT2. This is the car that truly speaks to my needs for excellent track times and high-speed acceleration.I believe Porsche will silence all critics of the 996 GT2 with the 997 GT2 by making the new car much faster and much safer -the best 911 of all time.

Perhaps I will enjoy the wait for my GT2 by adding a Europipe and more HP to my 996 TT X50, rather than compromising with a 997 Turbo or a GT3. Neither of these cars is significantly faster than mine on the 'Ring or the AB.

AUM

I see two problems here:
1. the 997 GT2 will be around 180000 Euro if I'm not mistaken
2. the 997 GT2 will NOT have rear seats and of course no rear seat approval (remember the GT3? )
3. the 997 GT2 will be a very powerful car but the fact that Porsche apparently decided to offer it with PSM should give you a hint of what to expect. Hint: a powerful car doesn't make you a faster driver.
4. even if you opt for the 997 GT2, DO NOT put more money into your current 996 Turbo. If you have too much money, give it to me.

The perfect car for you would be a 997 Turbo S. Now you have two choices: get all the fun now or waiting and having the fun later on while you still have SOME fun with your current Turbo.

Can't hide the feeling that you really don't know what you want. There is no such thing like a perfect street AND track car.

RC, any timeframe on when the Turbo S comes? In one year or two?