Quote:
95jersey said:
Quote:
ajcastaneda said:
Quote:
W8MM said:
Quote:
95jersey said:I have inside knowledge about the blue devil and it has been designed to match or out accelerate, handle, brake an ENZO/GT. It is not a hot rod or some 1/4 mile drag racer as already proven by the C6Z06. It will ABSOLUTELY be in the top 3 fastest street cars in the world for less than 1/4 of the price of it's competitors.

And, if standard accounting procedures are applied, GM will more than lose its a$$ on every one of them.

Every car will be a HUGE charitable contribution to anyone who buys one.

GM might as well give away money to its customers, the UAW has taken way more than their share

GAAP or non-GAAP compliant accounting: GM loses money any which way.

As much as I appreciate a great sports car, bargain or not -- GM should save its capital and put it towards other things such as oh, I don't know -- increasing shareholder wealth and paying off debt so they can get their pathetic credit ratings up

What the Blue Devil and the Z06 does (will do) for GM's image is more important than taking the actual money it costs to build the car and pay off debt.

Since GM's image (among other things) needs a lot of work anyway, might as well try and improve it.