Joost:

Carlos, if you could somehow link this back to Hugh Grant, we would reach epic new levels of circle off-topicness here... Just sayin'... blush

Smiley

Gnil:
Carlos from Spain:

In RT tradition here is a interesting fact indecision... The ability to multitask is a myth, studies have clearly shown that the brain cannot multitask, instead it can only do one thing at a time and will switch back and forth between one task and the other repeatedly to simulate multitasking but performance will suffer since it's not really able to multitask, and the speed it can do that depends on how many resources each task takes, so tasks​ that we can do almost automatically without thinking through repetition then those it can look like we are multitasking but we are not, but in general the decrease in performance of each task falls drastically if tried​ to be done at the same time compared to done  separately, perfect example is texting while driving. And this is the same for male and female brains, there is no difference, that is another myth.

And interesting fact within an interesting fact, the biggest bottleneck in performance decrease in tasks when trying to multitask is tasks that require some type of decision making, no matter how simple the tasks are, if they require some degree of decision making, multitasking performance is most affected. For example listening to the radio will not interfere with your driving much, but if you are listening to a person taking to you asking you something then it will affect you more, and if it's through a phone much more even if it's hands free.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos, can I give you me wife's number so you can explain it to her Smiley

I could but then when she is talking to you going on about something like her ideas to reform the bedroom and you are pretending to listen but are really paying attention to something else, she is going to call you out and make you pay full attention to her since she now knows we can't multitask Smiley ... not sure that is a win, we have to pick our battlesSmiley... I think that multitask myth was created by a guy, the fact that its tied to the myth that women can do it better than men is just so that women will believe it that much more easily then Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS