Quote:
stork said:
I think Ferrari is taking a purist stance. Does a true sports car need cruise control? Ferrari says no and I think traditionally Porsche has said the same thing. Today the cars are more concerned about creature comforts Reality suggests that Porsches have become a sports car to drive and thus a cruise control is a real world featurs. Many years ago 911 rarely had power seats as pure sports car did not need them. Even today, they do not come standard with power seats, but how many people order 997 for $80-110+ without power seats. More too the point, the 997 engine is very well engineered to perform and yet still get great mpg. Even more interesting is the new Z06 Corevette. Is has HUGE HP and very good MPG and no gas guzzler tax. Does Ferrari offer an option of cruise control on any car? How about cup holders? PS thank you Nberry for being impressed!

Good points.

I do not believe any Ferrari has cruise control. They cater to a very select purist group. The car is not meant to do grocery shopping (although I have and do), drive to work (I will nor do) or for family outings.

It is designed to be a blissful sanctuary and fits the bill beautifully. In no way is the Ferrari an all around car like a Porsche.