Targa Tim:
Grant:
Targa Tim:

Grant,

the easiest solution is keep your first spot and go ahead with PDK GT3 and euro delivery.

if you don't like it enough, ask dealer to order you a manual and promise them that you will trade the PDK back to them.  They will love you so much for this trade in.

chances is you may make some money in your trade as well...

I love your thinking!  Unfortunately, I helped a buddy get on the list there and his spot is sort of a reserve position (will only be filled if they get more allocations than ever before or people drop off the list).  So, unlikely that I'd get two bites of the apple.  But maybe I could find a dealer somewhere that could accommodate such a deal. Smiley

I don't know how the US dealers operate.

In Vancouver, being on the list does not equal to getting a car, no matter where one is positioned on the list.

Someone with a GT3 or RS trade in, or those cocky 918 owners, will have the highest priority, next in line are VIPs like me.  Anyone that does not own any Porsche basically has no chance at all, they will not even let him get on the list.

I may or may not be able to get one, depending on how many people are trading in their GT3 or RS in front of me.

If I trade in my 3.8RS, I will get one of the top spot.  But of course I will not be stupid enough to do this.Smiley

Don't worry, there is only 2 spots left under reserve for 918 owners in Vancouver, the other 3 already flipped their 918 and lost their status. Smiley It's just me and the Chinese kid, and I don't think the Chinese kid will buy the GT3. 

--