Quote:
RossN said:
Quote:
SciFrog said:
Lets settle this once and for all:

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_1253.shtml?page=2

Donkervoort D8

Cheaper than a Z06, convertible and will atomise the Z06 and much much nicer car.

Sorry to burst you bubble Ronnie.

That is not a car, that is a kart and not a daily driver for sure.

Why not throw the Ultima into the mix? I'll tell you why, because is has no warranty / resale / comfort / etc....

I agree.

Also, I dislike focusing on numbers, but I read that it does 0-60 in 6 seconds with a terminal (top) speed of 125 mph. While I am sure with it's weight advantage it would handle and brake very well, but on a medium to long road course a 911TT, Z06, 430 would eat this for lunch. Handling and braking are extremely important, but not enough to make up for 500 raw HP coming out of sweeping corners onto back straits. Also, they are quite expensive for something that can't be driven in the rain, without AC, or some comforts.

quote...
"The only limiting factor may be your budget. Pricing for standard D8s starts around $52,000 ( Euro 41,000) and can climb to around $105,000 ( Euro 82,500)."

This would probably be a great Autocrosser and would compete well with a Miata, but a Miata can be purchased and modified to run faster for much less.

With this said, I would hate to get into a high speed crash with either vehicle. It could be ugly, as I have seen this first hand. Over the past couple years, I have looked into these types of cars as a dedicated track only car, but in the end, I have choosen to use a modified C5 Z06. I have done this mostly because of bang for the buck, but I feel safer enclosed within a strong metal frame, with airbags, and impact zones engineered into the car. While I love the new Z, I am a little nervous about using an aluminum frame at the race track.