Grant:

Yeah, I love Manual and would only get PDK if I thought I would enjoy it and if I was fairly sure this would not be a "forever" car.  If my allocation comes in the Winter, I think I have to pass on Euro Delivery (which would be a big loss for me - one of the primary reasons to buy a new car for me).  I think giving up my number 1 spot at the dealer to wait for Manual and/or Euro Delivery could be dangerous - there is no assurance that there will be another chance (small dealer with few allocations and such a chance might not be at the right time of year either).

I still believe that you can have a lot of fun with manually shifted PDK as well (at least on the GT3 and GT3 RS, the Carrera PDK sucks Smiley) but I don't want to convince you. Euro delivery would be of course fantastic for you, you already did that and enjoyed it tremendously as far as I remember.

I agree, giving up the first spot is dangerous but if you really trust and know the dealer, maybe there is a solution? Dealers are sometimes happy if the first one jumps ship (I remember what happened to "my" 911 R Smiley, it was "auctioned"...interested customers had to pay 5k EUR into a charity and the winner was picked randomly Smiley) and since the GT3 isn't limited, I don't really see a problem if the dealer gets enough allocations. I would talk to him.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)