Carlos from Spain:
Grant:

There are some of us who enjoy driving fast AND enjoy doing it with a manual.  When I go to the track, I am generally driving against my own benchmarks (trying to set and improve my fastest lap time).  I also think it's much more fun and interesting to do so while shifting myself.

So, what difference does it make it my laps would be 2 sec faster with PDK?  I'm trying to do my best driving (not set the course record which is MANY seconds faster than my best, done with a formula car).  There are always faster (and slower) cars at the track.  In fact, it's annoying to be much faster than the competition.  I find it more frustrating to be stuck behind someone who is slower, rather than let someone faster pass me.  Even with my manual GT4, I find the former happens much more than the latter at the local track (not so much at the Euro tracks Smiley).

Of course, having a car that is challenging is important, so a new MX-5 with manual (but 155hp only)

x10

Grant:
      SciFrog:

Totally agree with nick analysis... It's all marketing. 

Yes, it is marketing to a disenfranchised segment of Porsche customers who want a car like the R.  I don't see the problem.  You and Nick are not part of that demographic- so be it...

x100

Grant:

nberry:

Grant, the car is a fraud.

I think it's great.  You can think it's a fraud if you like, but not sure what pleasure you derive by continuing to throw stones on this thread.  I want Porsche to be encouraged to build more cars like this, to satisfy those of us long-time Porsche customers who are excited by this car.  What's your motivation - that we should go on unserved?  You already said you're done with sports cars.  Is your new mission to convince the rest of us to do the same?

x1000  Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

+1 to all that. Don't know of any dealers twisting customers' arms to buy a Porsche, so where's the problem?  Smiley

--

fritz