SciFrog:

That's why the 911 turbo needs to get hybrid tech asap. They might actually lower the sound level even further then and try to make it cool. I have seen many TT in the city and can't say if they sound good or bad, because at normal speeds you can't hear them. Between that, the boring interior, the mildly boring exterior and the very dull colors the car usually are seen in (silver, black, white), it could be the best performing car on the planet, many wouldn't even care.

However for people who can own very few cars, that needs stealth and that need a DD, the 911 turbo can be interesting. It is a great package but with compromises. A choice from the head, not from the heart.

In Europe, the turbo is mostly driven by old money and successful business people, i.e. people who prefer understatement to show-off style... You get the best - and still you come across somehow classic and elegant. You can never get this in a Lamborghini, for example Smiley

BTW, regarding "boring interior": I don't know another sportscar with an interior that can match the perfection of a 991... The 488 (or 812) look more fascinating - but the usability and also the quality of navigation, sound system is less good. Lamborghini - not even want to talk about it. The existing McLaren's (720s might be different)? Good joke. I.e., you can either go for some "fancy looking" that is crap technically speaking or you get the "traditional" 991 style with best of class features and functionality.

In summary, all the above shows the difference between theory ("I frequently see car xyz") and practice, i.e. owning/driving a car Smiley