Quote:
dhayek said:
i will definetly get tiptronic if i was to get a 997tt, i have said many time that the 3.7sec in tip could be achieved by anyone!just floor it! in order to get 3.9 in the manual you have to be walter rohl,and ,take out 30% of the life of your clutch,coz you will have to release the clutch at 5000rpm,to get this time.the best time a normal driver could get is around(my guess) 4.5sec. so next time at a red light if you get smoked by a grandpa of 76years in a tip997tt , dont bother and go to the dealer telling him the car has a problem....

You hit the nail on it's head, Dimitri. The manual "may" provide a "minuscle" advantage on the track in combination with the LSD but for daily driving and even certain tracks, the Tiptronic is superior. Porsche claims now for the Tiptronic a shifting time AT LEAST as fast as the fastest shifter. The advantages of the manual tranny are almost gone and in the hands of an amateur driver (and I'd say that 99% of us are amateur drivers, more or less talented and/or experienced), the Tiptronic surely provides a better performance.

But I understand the people who went for manual, however they should be aware that, like Dimitri just pointed out, ANYBODY can outrun them in a Tip 997 Turbo. I saw a short video from prototype testing where a 997 Turbo with Tip was starting off from standstill. Even 10 minutes after the short clip, my mouth was still open. The car went off like a rocket, never saw such a thing, unbelievable.