Grant:
nberry:

Grant, the car is a fraud.

I think it's great.  You can think it's a fraud if you like, but not sure what pleasure you derive by continuing to throw stones on this thread.  I want Porsche to be encouraged to build more cars like this, to satisfy those of us long-time Porsche customers who are excited by this car.  What's your motivation - that we should go on unserved?  You already said you're done with sports cars.  Is your new mission to convince the rest of us to do the same?

Look how far Porsche has come since the 997 Sport Classic and Speedster special editions.  How can you call the R the fraud in that context??

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

I readily admit I am down on the R but for good reason. Porsche (AP in particular) needs to stop the peddling and marketing crap telling Porsche enthusiast that it is a must to have car. He tells enthusiast like yourself that this is the purist driving car has ever produce and guess what all you loyal customers you don't qualify to get one. Why you ask?

"Because in reality the car is a dog but we mask it with decals, produce only 991 and place it at the pantheon of Porsche sport cars and in order peddle it. We sell it to our priority customers and allow them to make a tidy profit by selling it to unsuspecting buyer who swallowed the marketing hook, line and sinker. "

Grant, you are a diehard enthusiast. Do you think you will get one? Doubtful and you would be lucky because your GT4 will give you the same driving experience. As for me, you're right I am out of the sport car market until which time I see a car that will knock my socks off when I look at it, when I drive it albeit on slow streets and the feeling it gives me.

The R is a run of the mill 911 but with manual and more HP. Nothing more and that is why I am pissing on it.

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.