RC:
nberry:

I have been hard on the R because personally I am getting frustrated buying super sport cars to make them garage queens. I love by RRS and driving the Boxster S is a blast. They serve my purpose and provide the satisfaction I need.As Unatoz alluded to and many of us have known, these cars are nothing more than toys and expensive ones at that.

Today I sold my GT3. My wife implored me to reconsider. But honestly I could not enjoy a car that I can only use 20% of its potential. Maybe the Alpa 4C is a car I should look at. The thing is I am not into auto crossing and driving it on a big track would create the same problems I had with the GT3.surprise 

Nick, you should have gotten yourself a 991 C4 GTS convertible, like I did. This is a car you can really enjoy at lower speeds as well and actually this is one Porsche I do not really enjoy driving on the Autobahn but in the city and on country roads. You live in San Diego, a GTS convertible would be perfect for you, trust me. You should take a test-drive, maybe you find a slightly used one somewhere (or maybe even a new one if a dealer has a car left, not very likely though). The C2 would be OK as well but the C4 also adds some rain driving fun (if you leave Sport/Sport Plus deactivated). 

Just saying... Smiley

I won't speak for Nick but one factor for the 991 GTS cab is the ridiculous price and abysmal depreciation vs the GT3. You can buy a 4C with the 3-4 year depreciation of the GTS...

To each his own, I love manual cars and own two of them but manual does not really belong to a high performance car in 2016. The spyder and 4C might be exceptions but in GT3 or GT4 or R?