unotaz:

Unfortunately, I don't share your views.  People on this forum like Wtdoom and Whoopsy all drive their million dollar car everywhere.  If you think the reason why people like us buy these kind of cars is to show off our wealth on the road, then you way off base.  We don't think like that when we drive our 918s on the road.  Sure, there is a price to be paid to have this kind of privilege and you get a lot of unwanted attention on the road in these cars.  This is the very reason why I love the 911R concept, because no one on the road would know any different. To the average person, it's just another 911 and that's fine by me.  I don't want to show off and I just want to enjoy driving.  At the same time, I don't just want to drive any car, I want to drive a special car with a special engine and a manual gearbox.  There aren't many cars in today's market that can fit this bill.  

As for your comment on how you can't imagine yourself driving a million dollar car on the road and etc etc.  Well, work hard and you might get there.  It's like anything in life, once you are at a certain level, everything you gained in life will become the new norm.  I remember buying my first Rolex and I would only wear it on special occasions.  Many years later, I wear it all the time now, along with a few other makes. 

To be fair, Porsche has been making a manual GT3 and GT3 RS for a long time. There are even less 996 GT3 RS than 911R if I'm not mistaken.

Other than the wing-delete, I just don't see how this car is special than all the other manual GT3 cars over the years. Why is this more special than a 996 or 997 GT3 when it came out aside from production numbers? It really just doesn't make any sense to be so excited about this car...