RC:
KresoF1:

Just as a comparison point...

991 R max in second gear is 140km/h.

991.1 GT3 max in second gear is 124km/h.

Comparing raw performance figures doesn't make sense. We all know that PDK is much better for performance.

The 911R is a very special car but I still think that Porsche should have used PDK and offered back seats. They would still have sold the same amount of cars, I am pretty sure about it. Actually, why make this a limited edition and not offer the 911R as a regular model? PDK and backseats for regular people and manual, single mass flywheel, light weight stuff and no backseats for the hardcore crowd. Everyone would be happy.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

I'm glad you said it!  The "R" as you configure it is the modern 911 I would really want to own and keep.  RC do you really think that the .2 GT3 would have  wing delete option??  I was toying w/ a 718S lease for the interim but perhaps I should just wait for the .2 GT3? The wing on my GT3 became a much bigger  impediment to non track driving and the wife acceptance factor (wing, no rear seats) declined rapidly so I sold my .1 GT3 but I miss everything else about the car.

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill