Whoopsy:
MKW:
Gnil:

The joy killer from the R is it's limited production number . With that it makes it '' too special'' and you can't drive it as you would like to . This car is for collectors, just like the Speedster or the Sports classic was .

This car would be perfect if not in a limited number, with back seats ( optional ) and a choice of manual or PDK .

I have hopes it will come in a form or another in the next years .

I completely agree with you  and I think most here feel the same : that Porsche should produce this VERY TYPE OF CAR as a REGULAR production GT3-engined road focused 911 " GTR "  with only additions being choice of 6MT or PDK and OPTIONAL rear seat delete and slot it between the inevitable coming turbo-motor based  GTS and the bewinged / no rear seats  trackable 991.2 GT3 so that they can be bought by ANYONE and driven WITHOUT investment guilt  and the depreciating miles can be piled on as they now are on the plentiful GTS model 

Please , Andreas P and your wonderful development team ...we  know many of you read this BOARD and it must drive you all CRAZY to know that all your hard work and passion on this new 911R will just result on a total WORLDWIDE  accumulation of JUST 991,000 total miles for all 991 copies , over the next decade or two , because  of its " special customer/ limited numbers " status 

Push the Board of Directors on this ! You have plenty of HALO CARS , like the 918 and GT3RS and the rumored  coming 991.2 GT2 / RS , so a car like this 991.1 911R ( and future R -like " strippers " ) should not be a trotted out only as a special reward  dessert for only your current and future VIP clients ! 

--

2016  991 Carrera GTS  " PCA 60 "  Club Coupe       orig owner ; 1 of 60 

Well, what makes you think the 918 owners doesn't drive the shit out of theirs and hence you are a more worthy buyer of an R? This is the resentment that I don't get. Why does every other Porsche customers thinks they are better than the 918 buyers? 

There are only a tiny fraction of 918 buyers who buys up stuff for investment value. Most owners are car NUTS, they really do drive the shit out of their cars, even their 918s. Many tracked theirs regularly, and they also drives the shit out of their RSs too. And that's the one big difference between the 918 owners and 'regular' Porsche customers, we don't see the depreciation as a hinderance for putting miles on a car, even special ones, while the 'regular' customers actually are more likely to keep mileage down as they want to have a higher re-sale value later. 

Had Porsche sells the 991 911R to regular customers instead of 918 customers first, you will be lucky to see if the total miles accumulated worldwide are even at half of 991,000 miles, as those customers will only see it as an investment and not a car. 

I have written before, but the next GT3 with manual is the 'replacement' for the 911R, it is a better car one can drive without 'guilt', a regular production model. But then again regular customers sees the GT3 as another 'investment' car that they can drive for a few months without losing money and they won't put miles on it anyway. 

I welcome back a MT in the GT3; but personally have never been a fan of the Subie WRX style wings they have always come with since I do not track but instead drive our scenc world renowned local relatively  low speed Monterey / SF Bay/ Mendocino winding roads so was hoping for a regular production wingless R that one can order and trade in with each 911 generation and can use , miles on the odometer wise, like a new Turbo S which you can always find looking for its first owner at any dalership you walk into !

--

2016  991 Carrera GTS  " PCA 60 "  Club Coupe       orig owner ; 1 of 60