Too much thinking...I get the whole thing about not loosing money or even making some while having fun but really this is not how I see this car. On paper it looks like the right "equation with all the good numbers" and I am sure some people did already their math and calculated the 911 R "Sharpe ratio" trying to rationalize their buying decision.               

In my opinion the only things that should matter to us "911 aficionados" are:                                                                       (I) How much fun I am expecting to have with the 911 R (this is the investment return) ? You can assess this with a test drive or trust Chris Harris reviews ;)                                                                                                                                    (II) For how long I am expecting to have such a level of fun (this is the investment volatility) ?                                                                                               Based on your answer you could set the max. price you're willing to pay.

Final thought: we should make Porsche engineers / marketers job a bit more challenging!! By this I mean let's not just jump on any piece of marketing they throw to the market. I hate the " Artificially created exclusivity" ...the price point and the characteristics of the car should dictate how wide spread a model will be. If Porsche knows that we, the buyers  that make their profitability above any other car maker, are very demanding and not just willing to get the last "hyped" model,  they will start treating us more seriously. Today, I am convinced they feel that the market is ready buy any shit they throw at it and hence they do it ;) I am not trying to offend anyone just stating my honest opinion.