intouch1:
RC:

So the big question now: Should I get one and how can I afford it? I think I am going to have some sleepless nights this week. 

this is THE 911 you always wanted.....do whatever.....but do get one

I even got a lease offer now, making it easier for me to get one but it would require a lot of sacrifice from me (and my family, speaking of vacations and all), so I'm not sure I will do it. If the car had PDK and back seats, it would have been my dream car and I wouldn't have hesitated even for a second but with manual and no back seats, it would just be another weekend toy. I wouldn't get the 911 R to sell it after the 6 months "grace" period, it would be a car I would keep for a very long time.

Long story short: Money is invested right now, taking it out would probably lower my chances to make more money and I cannot really afford it. Leasing the car would be a possibility (now, after I got an offer) but this is not a car you lease, this is a car you buy and my chances to buy it after the 3 year lease would be minimal because the value of this car will go through the roof and I doubt that my dealer would be willing to sell it to me for the "official" remaining value.

Maybe I should really wait for the 991.2 GT3...there are rumors that Porsche may offer a wing delete option. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)