ALDO:
RC:
noone1:

They should just kill the Panamera and make this thing.

You are aware that the Panamera, still, sells better than the 911? All models? Smiley

The Mission E will be no bargain. Tesla asks 150k EUR for their fully loaded high performance version. Porsche won't stand back, believe me. Smiley

I have posted the price tag for Mission e - base (500 km) and "turbo" (600 hp) model and you are totally wrong with your price tag for the base model(500 km range no 600 hp).

Panamera is one level over mission e or J1 how it is called internal.

Funny, Porsche hasn't even finished price calculations but you know the prices?! Smiley 

There is a price target, which also means that either the car needs to be changed (tech, design, etc.) or the price target needs to be raised. There is also a gain margin target which needs to stay basically the same, so any current price estimate will go up in the end because this car won't see the markets before 2019 or 2020. Porsche is still working on that and no matter how good your source is, unless it is Puttfarcken but even he doesn't know the final price tags yet, so... This is no one man decision, there is a white paper on the Mission E but nothing more. The car is in full development but Porsche will certainly adapt the price target until the car is actually ready to go. 

Then, there is performance. Porsche has a 0-100 kph time of 3.5 sec. and a 0-200 kph time in slightly under 12 seconds in mind for the over(!) 600 hp version. The Tesla P85d does it basically in the same time and not in a couple of years but now. I am pretty sure that even in a 1-2 year time frame, the next Tesla will be faster. The goal of the Mission E is to do the Nordschleife in under 8 minutes. This sounds amazing at first but isn't that amazing really. The 2.2 ton Panamera Turbo S did the Nordschleife in under 8 minutes and if Porsche keeps the weight of the Mission E under 2.2 or 2.3 tons, I do not see the reason why the Mission E shouldn't achieve this goal. The weight of the car will require the usage of light weight materials and believe me when I say that the top version of the Mission E will be easily more expensive than the 150k I mentioned. Actually, a fully optioned car is rumored to hit 250k. Ouch.

I am not aware of two different versions (500 km and 600 hp versions you mentioned), I am aware of the top version only and this one already has a 500 km range goal (of course not if you use the full power Smiley). It doesn't take a genius to assume that Porsche is going to offer a cheaper, more "down-to-earth" version of the Mission E at some point but looking at the current Panamera eHybrid price, I doubt that you'll see this car for under 120k.

I am ready to bet a lunch at Christophorus on that and keep in mind that I love steaks (I will bring an appetite). Smiley

The J1 is not comparable with the Panamera since it is an electric car. You may confuse it with he smaller Panamera but the Mission E is not that. Apparently Porsche will use a VW platform for the smaller Panamera, the Mission E will get a different platform.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)