crayphile:
Lars997:
4trac:
Lars997:

Yep - by look the 4 wheeler is much better. Just never been a fan of driving it. The front feels much lighter on the 2 wheeler and it feels much more "Porscheristic". However - I guess it is time to get the 4-runner from now on. Too many things changed in the Porsche evolution, so buying the 4-runner over the 2-runner is just a logical step

That makes me wonder - if you accept the 4wd as this logical step anyway, and are not that keen on the turbo-ization of the 911, then are some buyers more likely to more seriously look at the base R8 (don't know how Eur prices compare with a typically optioned C4S)? 

I just say - the classic Porsche feel (and I already can feel that in my 356 Speedster) is a light front end, a heavy rear with power from behind. The 2wd has all of that, the 4wd is just to heavy in the front and traction comes from the front. But - the car gets from model to model more balanced, my 991 - I never really liked much, it felt like driving a Mercedes C Class or a BMW 3 and not like a Porsche. The car is way too perfect, too precise and way too balanced. With the new generation the NA is gone, so what I'm saying - seeing this evolution the next logical step is to buy a 4wd. If I sacrifice all the lightness and sportiness of a sports car and I accept to buy "perfect luxury" than I go also for the last step and buy a 4wd.

I think your 2WD vs 4WD logic flow makes perfect sense and also highlights why the GT range and the R are now even more attractive than they would have been otherwise. Also reinforces in my mind why I am going for the Singer .

100% if that car would be lower priced I would jump on it, too! The fun of driving is milestones above any new car! Smiley