MKSGR:
RC:

I doubt you are going to be faster than the 488 in the upper speed range but both cars should be pretty close to each other once you pass 250-260 kph. 

In the latest SPORT AUTO, one editor complains about the fact that car manufacturers like Ferrari but also Lamborghini(!) refuse to provide test cars for comparison tests. Same goes to Maserati and even Alfa Romeo with the 4C. So I guess we're never going to see a direct 488 vs. 991.2 Turbo S comparison, simply because Ferrari refuses to provide a test car for such a test. SPORT AUTO could certainly find a customer car for that purpose but then, they would never ever get a test car again. Seriously, this is embarrassing and pathetic.

You could argue that this reflects on the "true" performance of Ferrari. If they cannot stand a fair comparison the reason is most likely that their products will not meet expectations Smiley As a Ferrari customer one should assume the worst.

for myself and for many ferrari clients who i know the essence of owning ferraris is not in those meaningless numbers but in what the cars do for the owner on a very different emotional level. typically the porsche clients are very much attached to those numbers, most likely because most of the porsches offer very little in the emotions department. in that sense ferrari's refusal to provide test cars for acceleration comparison tests makes sense to me. they score elsewhere much more, in a domain not taken into account by AMS tests.

peter