RC:
Gnil:
RC:
, a nice and sporty convertible is like a motorcycle (considering the "open air" feel) without the helmet, without the protection gear and without the risk. 

It has nothing in common, sorry, absolutely nothing ! You must of been day dreaming when writing that Smiley

You may be right...since you have to wear that stupid (in the sense of hot, uncomfortable, viewing angle restricting and hairstyle destroying) helmet and protective gear to be at least a little bit protected. Smiley

I also do not like convertible . And my wife can't stand them . She comes from sunny south africa and all she wants it to hide from the sun . She had way too much sun during here life and now she avoids it as much as possible ( not taking about the heat )

I love the sun, so does my wife. We drove in summer all the time with an open top, even at over 40°C for over four hours. There is nothing more pleasant than the sun for us, one reason why we hate winters and love summers. Lake Mead in summer, at some point it had over 47°C in the shadow there, is paradise for us. We are always 4-5 hours on the lake in a boat and we love it. To each his own I guess. Smiley 

I also find it very uncomfortable to sit in a car with the sun hitting my head , and extremely uncomfortable doing the same in a city with trafic lights .

Oh well, you chose Switzerland for living...lucky you. Smiley Smiley

I also feel way too exposed on a cab . Don't like that either .  In a car, I want to  be in a cabin . When I want to feel the outside, I drive a motorbike .

So I guess you ride a motorcycle with a helmet and protective gear? Smiley It feels less outside than in a tank. Smiley

My favorite family photo...(we had 126°F at Lake Mead on that day, 52°C). Kids love heat too, no issues, they drink a lot.

heat1.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Fully agree wit Christian and having a convertible is like having three cars in one, with hardtop , with soft top and open. Nice family pic Smiley

--

J.Seven