SciFrog:

A convertible is always more emotions than a coupe. It actually amazes me that anyone would buy a coupe 911 or a cayman when you can get the same performance in the convertible for not much (or even less) money...

A couple of years ago, when I was tracking my cars on a regular basis, I would have disagreed with you. Now, I fully agree, a nice and sporty convertible is like a motorcycle (considering the "open air" feel) without the helmet, without the protection gear and without the risk. 

Still craving for that Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-2 Spider I saw at a local dealer and if the craving doesn't stop, I may go for it. Smiley

I was actually surprised that Carlos chose a Coupe for himself, especially since he lives in a region with much more sun and heat than I do (well, minus this year maybe when we had in Bavaria more often temperatures over 35-40°C than the South of Spain Smiley) but I think he is still in the "developing" phase where I was a couple of years ago, when a convertible was out of the question until I actually got my first one, a 997 Carrera GTS Cab which wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. My current 991 C4 GTS Cab is a completely different story.

I guess I'm getting older, so track racing became secondary, enjoying daily driving a primary goal. My 991 C4 GTS Cab is just perfect for that. 

Btw: I already have winter tires on my GTS, Michelin Pilot Alpin N0. Had some rain and lower temps in Bavaria last week and I was driving in my GTS and I am absolutely amazed how fast you can be on wet pavement, the tires are excellent. Tried the same in the Mini JCW with Dunlops Winter 4D, I wasn't even close to the speeds I achieved with the GTS, just amazing rain and tire setup, easily controllable, even with Sport setting active (Sport Plus not recommended on rainy roads), Porsche again outdid themselves, a huge compliment here. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)