The GTS does indeed have much more "emotional" feel than the regular Carrera models which immediately makes the car feel more enjoyable. I've had previous 991 C2S loan cars but never once have I handed them back and thought  "Hey, what a blast. I need to write a cheque and buy one immediately". I could have done so with the GTS. It's interior package with the mix of leather, alcantara and contrast stitching gives the interior a much more special feeling than the standard montone leather offering and the aural sound experience is raised up more than a few notches on the dial in comparison to a standard C2S. That makes the huge difference between having respect for the engineering achievements of the car and the irrational desire to buy one straight away smiley

It really isn't rocket science to determine what provides a car with emotional appeal - good basic design is critical coupled with the quality of engine/exhaust note and the tactility of materials used in the cabin. It amazes me that Porsche do not recognise this more with their standard interiors which although well made subjectively feel quite plain and ordinary due to a lack of varying material textures or subtle colour highlights which the GTS is able to offer. If you look at the competitors in this segment they generally have  a more bespoke feeling cabin due to this. It is a simple area for Porsche to address by offering interior packages for contrasting leather or stitching yet they seem resolutely stuck in the past and reluctant to do so. If they could offer these on the Cayenne why not the flagship 911? yes

There would also be a good potential for sales of additional interior components as the seat centres in the bucket seats are only held in place by velcro strips and a few clips and can easily be switched over in around 10 minutes. This would let owners changed their interior look from time to time if they wished and it should be simple to design the rear seats to be switchable in a similar fashion. One GT3 owner in the US has had an extra pair of seat centres made using Pepita cloth for example but still has the original alcantara centres stored safely so he can swap them back over to change the look or return it to original spec for resale etc.

Pepita P11 seats 1.JPG

Pepita P11 seats 2.JPG

You can get the Pepita cloth in some of the original coloured variants as well. I'd love to put this version with the red check in a white Boxster Spyder with red accent seatbelts and door pulls for example to create an alternative traditional interior to the red/black version Porsche offer.

Pepita cloth red black.JPG