I should probably clarify that I found the shift changes on the 7 speed manual to be somewhat tricky due to the effect of the short gear lever combined with rising centre console making the gate for the shift pattern somewhat small. This meant it was relatively easy to select 5th in error when looking to from 2nd to 3rd as there is not such a defined self centring action that you would find in a regular 5 or 6 speed box where the spring action naturally centres the shift lever between 3rd and 4th and you have to consciously shift the stick left or right to select 1st/2nd or 5th/6th. With the 7 speed box there is little definition between the planes from 3rd/4th to 5th/6th as they are so closed packed in the gate. I'm told the manual box in the 991.2 models is much improved in this regard.

PDK in a GTS model would be an option box I would tick as changing gear with the sports wheel shift paddles is such a pleasure IMHO. If/when I look at another 911 I will certainly now consider a cab but it needs to be a GTS kiss