997 GT3 RS 4.0 is a very nice car but couldn't even keep up with a RS6 on the Autobahn. Nice track toy or collectible but as a weekend fun car? Not really my thing.

991 GT3 RS...same thing as above. Was never interested, despite one being reserved for me. Drove one from Zuffenhausen to Munich, fantastic car but just not what I was looking for.

GT4? You're joking, right? Not even close to what I would drive and you know that. I need a challenge. 

If you would have said 918 or Carrera GT, this would have been a different story. I was offered a 918 but I didn't have the money. Months later, demand exploded and it was sold out. Would I have bought one if I could have afforded it? Oh hell yes. But I couldn't. laugh

991 R? Well, this is a love hate story. I always wanted such a car but when I heard that it doesn't get PDK, I wasn't interested anymore. Sorry. It was a very small (decision) window if I wanted one, so I didn't do it, also because I really didn't have the money available and I didn't want to take a risk. From an investment point of view, it was certainly a mistake but I would have never ever kept this car, sorry. angry

Things aren't always that easy in life, especially when it comes to cars. I never bought a car because of resale value or as an investment. The GT500 was actually the first car I felt I would want to own but the disappointment wasn't the car itself but the need to drive 400(!) km each time I had a minor issue with it. Not worth it, I just don't have the time for something like that. I need a reliable weekend toy and one I can have maintained and repaired easily and fast. The GT500 just wasn't the car for that purpose. Sadly.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)