SciFrog:

Hybrid will add significant weight and will raise the price significantly on top of already borderline acceptable prices. Resale value will be the same as now, which will mean a much higher cost to own something that will be obsolete even faster than before since EV and hybrid tech marches on.

I completely agree with you but how to meet emissions laws otherwise? ELVs? Smiley

Look at the 991 Turbo S for example: Due to these laws, it was impossible to create a proper exhaust sound without compromising emissions. I am pretty sure that other manufacturers have similar issues, otherwise there wouldn't have been updates to the engine software to reduce sound (VW Golf R or BMW M3/M4, even AMG GT S and there is even a rumor about the R8 which hasn't been confirmed yet).

There are environmental groups in Europe who are looking for loud cars to make lawmakers make them quieter. No kidding.

Won't even start with CO2 emissions.

There are people who want to forbid gasoline operated cars entirely, the movement just started and as soon as the car industry thinks it is time to support these demands, it will get very bad for us sports car lovers. 

You can easily make a fantastic ELV sedan or SUV with stellar performance but try to do that with a sportscar weighting 2 tons. Smiley

One thing is positive though: They cannot really forbid gasoline operated cars, especially older ones. Also, once ELVs have a breakthrough, law makers won't really care about the old gasoline operated cars anymore. I hope.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)