Thanks for sharing your experience, Nick. We all knew that the 911 R is a fantastic Porsche but it is basically a GT3 RS with manual,  without the rear wing and a more comfortable chassis setup. A car many of us wanted with PDK and rear seats but something Porsche never wanted (or couldn't) give to us 911 fans. Smiley

Car journalists can never be trusted because they usually privately drive different cars and almost always are happy when they get an invite to test and review a nice car like the 911 R. Some of them probably feel obligated to write a nice review but in their defense, they usually don't have much of a comparison.

Austria Autobahn driving sucks but once you drive on some of those fantastic pass roads, you can have a lot of fun even at lower speeds. I am in Austria right now and discovered some nice pass roads (some of them are unfortunately closed in winter) and I definitely plan to come back here in summer to enjoy my R8. The Cayenne S Diesel isn't exactly the right car for that and I just discovered that it really sucks on fast changing curves because of too much side roll. I really missed my former Cayenne GTS (958.1) with PDCC.

If you are in Italy in 2018 with your 918, maybe we should do that Rennteam meet in Italy (as planned) right after you finish your event there, so you can join and we all can admire your 918. Just a thought though.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)