Gnil:

Officially , Mc-Laren with the 570 is going after the R8 and the Turbo .

I have no desire to own a mid engined Ferrari , but I have always been tempted by a Mac and have good memories of the extended test drive I had in the 12C .

The joker face remains a problem ....

The 570 does not appeal to me for the moment , only the 650/675

I had interesting debate with my P source. 

He said that R8 V10 Plus is the best alternative for 991.2 Turbo S, closely followed by new Honda NSX. NSX is in his opinion technical marvel and he really respect its technical achievements.

When I asked about 570S he said no. And then I listen to almost 30mins long monologue why no. To resume his opinion: old tech engine (Ricardo design now almost 5 years old), no awd or lsd-so despite Mclaren claims car will have the worst traction in its class, narrow tires-225/285 combo is even with Crosas not enough for 50ps/600Nm, the slowest on the track in its class. Widest and with that doors the least practical car in its class. Playfull and alive in feel for tipical UK drive dynamics standards. But, not for Italian (read Ferraris) or German (read 991.2/R8) drive dynamics standards.

Interesting enough he likes the design very much. 

End verdict is if you like 570S drive dynamics you won't like 991.2, R8 or even 488 GTB drive dynamics. Mclaren did is deliberately to create something unique and more playfull. He said that 570S on Corsas is barely any faster on the Ring then Cayman GT4 on Cup2s. Despite huge power difference.