RC:
reginos:
RC:
CGX car nut:

The politicians in Washington need to step aside and let the regulators and the company resolve this issue.  Having Schumer and others ramble on about Volkswagen is counterproductive and resolves nothing.  General Motors, Ford and FCA have have defrauded the American consumer for decades too.  Unfortunately, when those companies have mislead the consumer through the failure to address known safety defects, consumers have died and the response for Washington was not the same.  

I agree. The German transport minister will visit the US and talk to US politicians about the VW scandal. Yes, VW has cheated and will have to pay but bringing them close to bankruptcy and/or causing thousands of employees to lose their jobs will stir up emotions in Germany and this cannot be good for anyone, especially now with the TTIP negotiations and the already damaging NSA scandal.
I think most US politicians are aware of this, at least I hope so.

If I were Merkel I would throw the TTIP in the dustbin in tit for tat gesture.

Are you kidding? TTIP is vital for Germany's economy in the future. Many people here don't seem to have a clue what TTIP means and are opposing it because they are scared but when the economy starts slowing down, it will happen at some point, TTIP will be godsend. 

This is the American PR. The fact that many people in the EU (including Germany) oppose TTIP proves that it is not automatically an  economic growth miracle. Simply, the USA want to control Europe.

The EU constant appeasement of Washington and the obedience to all their commands on all matters is bordering the ridiculous for a Union of 500+ million people.

Your Russian traits are showing off again. Smiley This is what the media here in Europe loves to portray but in reality, it is an eye to eye thing. I worked in diplomacy and never got that feeling of "obedience" as you call it.

So Germans and others in the EU who expressly oppose excessive influence and control by the US have Russian inclinations too? Far from it.

We don't feel attached to anyone, we have no prejudices against anyone and we evaluate each situation according to its characteristics. Blind allegiance to others, even to the Americans, is wrong IMO.

The Americans haven't even bothered to finish off ISIS which was their own mistake, even though unwitting (debatable).

Completely different story and in my opinion Obama's fault (this time not as a running gag comment).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Russian Aerospace Forces have done more damage to ISIS in 20 days than the US Coalition in 3 years!

You are wrong. Currently, the Russians are mostly bombarding/attacking rebels supported by the West, which is very tragic. The reported ISIS targets are only existing in the Syrian and Russian press, in reality, ISIS has been barely touched by Russian attacks.

In a direct military confrontation between the Russian and US Airforce, the Russians would lose. The Americans had continuous wars over the past decade(s) and perfected their hardware and training, while the Russians haven't fought any real war for a very long time (last one was Afghanistan in the 80s).

You should watch/read less Russian media. Smiley Smiley

What the Russian air force do we are not in a position to know with absolute certainty. Don't believe the US propaganda so blindly as I don't believe 100% what comes out of the Kremlin.

It is obvious that Russians want to assist Assad stay in power which is very wise as he is a "known devil". They also strike against ISIS but no one knows in what ratio. Logically, Russians and other european citizens would have a bigger incentive to see ISIS defeated than the Americans who are 9.000 km away from the theater of operations.

I am not an expert on the US relative to the Russian military and I don't think we'll find out anytime soon who is the best. But all US wars (after WW2 and forgetting Vietnam) had been against feeble components from the invasion of Grenada to the defeats of Milosevic, Saddam and Gaddafi. It's like a football team that beats opponents in 3. Liga convincingly and thinks it can win the Champions League.

--

"Form follows function"