CGX car nut:

The politicians in Washington need to step aside and let the regulators and the company resolve this issue.  Having Schumer and others ramble on about Volkswagen is counterproductive and resolves nothing.  General Motors, Ford and FCA have have defrauded the American consumer for decades too.  Unfortunately, when those companies have mislead the consumer through the failure to address known safety defects, consumers have died and the response for Washington was not the same.  

I agree. The German transport minister will visit the US and talk to US politicians about the VW scandal. Yes, VW has cheated and will have to pay but bringing them close to bankruptcy and/or causing thousands of employees to lose their jobs will stir up emotions in Germany and this cannot be good for anyone, especially now with the TTIP negotiations and the already damaging NSA scandal.
I think most US politicians are aware of this, at least I hope so.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)