sfo:
Whoopsy:
BjoernB:

Enjoy ! I hope it's as cool as LeMans was ! I am invited by the Motorsport Division to Hockenheim this Saturday kiss

I don't think any event will match Le Mans. Smiley

But knowing Porsche, any event they host will be a treat and top notch. 

I just hope I have the stamina to last 2 full days on the track with a car as capable as the 918. I am not even close to a pro driver, and it's quite mentally and physically draining to go that fast. 

I am wondering who will Porsche send as the instructors. Never got around to ask them about it. I think the Works drivers probably will not make it, they have a race in Shanghai. Perhaps Walter Rohrl might make an appearance. 

On a side note, my custom order Porsche Motorsport driving suit had arrived at my home, too bad I am too far away to grab it and attend the event with it.

is the event free? or how much does it cost?

Not free. The package is around 7000 Euro, but that's bring your own 918. I had decided not to ship mine over and 'rent' one from Porsche at a cost of 15k Euro. That's actually quite a bit cheaper than me flying my car on a round trip. 

They had another training course earlier mid August at Leipzig, that one cost 6000 Euro. 

Porsche organizes 4-5 events a year for 918 owners, each event with about 20 customers, so about 800 customers fighting for 20 spots, they sellout quickly. My next one will be ice driving course in Finland next March, missed this year's event but I get to bring my son with me next year as his spring break coincide with the event dates. 

--