The GT3 RSR Street was just an example of a possible product, Porsche realized that these "niche" products sell well but of course they also need to make money with these cars.

It would be interesting to see how many 991 GT3 RS were ordered/bought fully optioned and how many were sold basically with standard options only.

If I wouldn't have had my Panamera Turbo S and 991 Turbo S "adventures", the GT3 RS would surely be in my garage right now (dealer's first car was "waiting" for me). Unfortunately (or luckily? My wife hates that RS wing...), I couldn't spare any more money for a weekend toy, which is tragic because the new GT3 RS was really one of the rare Porsche models I really wanted to own and never sell.

Tragedy (when it comes to fantastic cars) seems to be my companion: Also had a 918 with my name on it but this car was never in the game for me, simply because I could never afford it. 
Still, if you imagine that some people have the money and want these cars but cannot have them (at least not right from the factory) and I could have them but don't have the money...if this is not tragedy, I don't know what this is. laugh yes

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)