Quote:
Nightshade_one said:
Porsche will not communicate such an upgrade before the actual cars hit the showrooms..... Just think back at the PCM upgrade with the MP3 capability..this was confirmed by Porsche the moment the first cars with this feature left the factory.

Of course, that's pretty obvious. If they did announce it, it would pretty much guarantee that people such as myself (who is in the market) would WAIT instead of buying NOW...

The more "solid" evidence that I believe people are looking for is something like what was alluded to above - i.e. - a "build sheet" from the dealer or even a document from the dealer that that person could no longer order a 3.2L Boxster S for MY2007 since it's "not available".

The point is, what's stopping me from writing here stating that my dealer stated that "they are out of MY2006, but they can order a MY2007 with a 3.2L TURBO instead". You see, I just made that up - but this is one way how rumors are started...

Just as stated in previous posts, having a 3.4L Boxster S would go against Porsche's marketing for the Cayman S... But having said that, a 3.4L Boxster S with more hp would certainly help differentiate the Boxster S more vs. the BMW M Roadster with 330 hp...