Lars997:

Actually the Tesla design was never that good. The Roadster, the S, the X... all lack a fascinating Design.

Out of the history we know that Fisker only gave them a second class design to keep the stunner concept for himself. It is weird that they still stick with the simple plastic design on their cars - so much more would be possible. A mix of Fisker design and Tesla drive train could have been even more successful. 

Like I said many times before, the Tesla S is actually a nice looking car. Yes, it is no stunner, not by a far shot but I think that the almost timeless design works to the advantage of Tesla.

The Tesla X is not really plain ugly but the rear looks weird and very Prius like. Not my cup of tea. Also, this car doesn't look, at all, like a SUV but maybe this is an advantage in certain markets. For me, a SUV needs to look different, I actually like the front of the new Cadillac Escalade a lot, maybe a bit too aggressive for certain markets, especially in Europe.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)