alexalex88:

Not everything is about performance but feeling, even when you already have a 918 which is, at the end and according to almost every single review I read, way better than the brit.

On the other hand it's obvious that Mr. Horacio's creations are some sort of Frankestein stuff, but hey, what an amazing Frankestein stuff! I mean, gorgeous and FUNCTIONAL design (Zonda), low weight using a lot of CF, AMG V12, Öhlins, what else do you need? C'mon, it's not like we are talking of a Casio dressed as a Patek.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Some thinks the Huayra's interior is gorgeous, some thinks it's way too much over the top. But he gets top marks for using prime grade materials that's for sure no matter the view. 

Pagani is still in the niche category of side street tuner/manufacturer, like Koenigsegg, Noble, the old Vector in America, Gumpert, Spyker, etc. Not quite mainstream yet. As a small time manufacturer, one has no idea how long they can/will stay in business, buying a 7 digit car do needs some assurance on after sales support for the long term. Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren have that ace up their sleeves. 

On jewelry terms, Pagani are your neighbourhood custom jeweller, not a Tiffany or a Harry Winston. Not that I don't buy from them, my jeweller made some fantastic pieces for my wife over the years. I will source the diamond or ruby or emerald myself, and he makes a design around it, kind of like Horacio sourced the AMG engine then design a body around it. 

But at their price level, there is a real alternative to buying from Pagani, SCG. Jim Glickenhaus' car company. The SCG003 is a fantastic looking car, and has the race pedigree to go with his creation now, something Pagani doesn't have. The interior is not even close to Pagani level, but the car has a real race car feel and he really pours a lot into his creation. 

--