Here is a small 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet experience update on my part (6 months ownership, over 7000 km):

1. I still love this car, it was the right decision for me (after switching to it from a 991 Turbo S Coupe).

2. Even at temperatures around 10-15°C, it is fun to drive the car with an open top. The integrated wind deflector works amazingly well and keeps the inside of the car warm and cozy (of course with the help from the heated seats and the heating system).

3. The amazing sound is invigorating, I just drive with an open top to listen to the sound. This is actually one of the rare Porsche models which sounds very good from the inside (sound symposer) but even better from the outside with an open top. People are turning their heads when I'm even a couple of hundreds of meters away, so the exhaust sound is definitely noticeable.

4. The engine feels more free now, it revs high without feeling "forced" and the performance is sufficient not to feel slow. I even got used to the Autobahn performance because it hits now 270 kph pretty fast. Higher speeds than 270 kph are barely possible, simply because there is not enough room to reach that speed. I did 320 kph in my GT500 on an Autobahn section I can only reach 270 kph with my 991 GTS. So the GTS is no Autobahn car but the performance is good enough not to feel bad about those many high powered bi-turbo Diesel station wagons on German Autobahns. 

5. The best part of my GTS is the chassis and PDCC: Oh boy does this car feel direct and connected, it is just amazing. I ordered this car without the Powersteering Plus and it paid off. The light feel at lower speeds in the city is missing, the car feels go-kart like all the time, even at 30 kph. 

6. The only disappointment is actually the AWD: Truth be told, it doesn't really make sense on this car and I kind of regret getting it. Why? Well, the setup is very 2WD-like, so what is the AWD good for? Even the C2 has enough traction in winter time. Yes, it is fun to be able to drift in an AWD car but seriously, this actually defies the purpose of this car. Those who buy AWD want a more neutral and safe setup and I have to say that this goal has not been achieved. Next time, I am going with the 2WD version, it is cheaper and lighter. Only advantage is straight line when it rains for example: The traction is unbelievable but once you hit a curve, expect the rear to try to overtake you. 

7. I love the Alcantara in the interior, I also get a praise for it every time I park the car somewhere or when I meet with fellow enthusiasts. It doesn't get boring looking at it, which is a huge plus too.

8. Fuel consumption is now around 16 l / 100 km on average. I drive a lot in the city and on country roads but also from time to time full throttle on the Autobahn. I guess the fuel consumption is OK for a 430 hp car.

9. Oil consumption is basically nonexistent. After around 2000 km, the oil level dropped by one bar. Now I have over 7000 km and the oil level is still the same. 

10. So far, the car has been trouble free, knock on wood. Had some leakage at the beginning, which apparently wasn't leakage but due to a PDCC fluid overfill at the factory. My dealer took care of it and since then, no issues anymore. Car runs and runs and runs, everything is perfect as it should be.

Overall, I am very very happy with this car and I love it. Still planning to buy it after the lease ends, I have a feeling that this one is a keeper.

Oh, there is one annoying thing I cannot completely shake off: After some Autobahn high speed driving, the exhaust (the inner ring) always gets white (it usually is black), see attached photo. This is really more of a visual annoyance but it shouldn't happen to a manufacturer like Porsche. Not sure if there is a fix for that but it is the only thing I actually find annoying.

IMG_0058.PNG

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)